We offer live, hands on performance training. Each attendee learns by doing, by performing real professional task's.
The UI/UX Design Specialization brings a design-centric approach to user interface and user experience design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. In this sequence of four courses, you will summarize and demonstrate all stages of the UI/UX development process, from user research to defining a project’s strategy, scope, and information architecture, to developing sitemaps and wireframes. You’ll learn current best practices and conventions in UX design and apply them to create effective and compelling screen-based experiences for websites or apps.
User interface and user experience design is a high-demand field, but the skills and knowledge you will learn in this Specialization are applicable to a wide variety of careers, from marketing to web design to human-computer interaction.As the demand for UX designers continues to rise, employers will increasingly distinguish between self-taught or uncertified designers and those who have obtained an official qualification. If you’re new to the world of UX, a reputable certification program will teach you all the skills and techniques you’ll need to succeed in the field. If you’re a self-taught designer, a certification will formalize your existing knowledge and enable you to market yourself as a qualified UX practitioner
There are two options and this course can be taken individually and can be accumulated over months and years.
- The UX Certification Program requires five full days plus exams to earn a UX Certification
- The UX Master Certification requires 15 full days plus exams to earn a UX Master Certification
Objectives of UX Design:
Design-centric lectures help to understand what an interface is and the role of the designer in creating a user interface.
– Create an organized and structured experience for the user.
– Learn best practices and conventions in UX design and apply them to create an effective and compelling screen-based experience for websites or apps.
– Complete all the graded assignments to earn the course completion badge.
– This is a beginner level program and all the concepts are covered from scratch.
· How it works: Attend any 5 courses at any UX Conference, pass the exam for each course, and receive your UX Certificate.
· Timing: You can take all 5 courses and exams at a single UX Conference, or earn part of your credits now, and finish the remaining requirements at a future UX Conference.
· Exams: Online exams are available the same day, or you can take them up to 35 days after the conference. Exam fees may be paid in advance when you register, or after the UX Conference.
· Recognition: Upon passing all 5 UX Certification exams, you will be awarded a UX Certificate and badge describing your accomplishment, and will appear on the Nielsen Norman Group website’s list of UX Certified practitioners.
Test Score and time frame:
Each course’s exam is based on the topics, theories, and examples the instructor covered during the course, and:
- tests 2 types of understanding: 1) knowledge of theories and topics, and 2) practical application of that knowledge to real-world situations and examples;
- is online and can be taken anywhere you have a computer and internet connection (though some strict firewalls may disrupt the exam delivery);
- has 30 multiple choice questions;
- is timed, with 1 hour allowed for each attempt (most people complete the exam in about 30 minutes);
- allows a maximum of 3 attempts to pass;
- requires a score of 80% or higher in order to pass.